November 7, 2003, Columbia, SC. - SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG) announced that its board of directors, at a meeting held today, declared a dividend of 34½ cents per share on the Company's common stock for the quarter ending December 31, 2003. The dividend is payable January 1, 2004 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 10, 2003.
The board of directors also declared the regular quarterly dividends on the following series of cumulative preferred stock of South Carolina Electric & Gas Company (SCE&G), SCANA's principal subsidiary, for the quarter ending December 31, 2003:
$50 Par Value:
- 56 1/4 cents per share on the 4.50 percent Series
- 57 1/2 cents per share on the 4.60 percent Series A
- 57 1/2 cents per share on the 4.60 percent Series B
- 62 1/2 cents per share on the 5 percent Series
- 64 1/16 cents per share on the 5.125 percent Series
- 75 cents per share on the 6 percent Series
$100 Par Value:
- $1.63 per share on the 6.52 percent Series
Dividends on each series of SCE&G's cumulative preferred stock are also payable January 1, 2004 to holders of record on December 10, 2003. The 5 percent Series is the only series of cumulative preferred stock that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange - the trading symbol is "SAC Pr."
SCANA Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Columbia, SC, is an energy-based holding company principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in regulated electric and natural gas utility operations, telecommunications and other non-regulated energy-related businesses. Information about SCANA is available on the Company's Web Site at www.scana.com.