Columbia, SC, April 29, 2004 - SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG) announced that its board of directors, at a meeting held today, declared a dividend of 36½ cents per share on the Company's common stock for the quarter ending June 30, 2004. The dividend is payable July 1, 2004 to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 10, 2004.
The board of directors also declared the regular quarterly dividends on the following series of cumulative preferred stock of South Carolina Electric & Gas Company (SCE&G), SCANA's principal subsidiary, for the quarter ending June 30, 2004:
$50 Par Value:
- 56 1/4 cents per share on the 4.50 percent Series
- 57 1/2 cents per share on the 4.60 percent Series A
- 57 1/2 cents per share on the 4.60 percent Series B
- 62 1/2 cents per share on the 5 percent Series
- 64 1/16 cents per share on the 5.125 percent Series
- 75 cents per share on the 6 percent Series
$100 Par Value:
- $1.63 per share on the 6.52 percent Series
Dividends on each series of SCE&G's cumulative preferred stock are also payable July 1, 2004 to holders of record on June 10, 2004. The 5 percent Series is the only series of cumulative preferred stock that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange - the trading symbol is "SAC Pr."
SCANA Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Columbia, SC, is an energy-based holding company principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in electric and natural gas utility operations, telecommunications and other energy-related businesses. Information about SCANA is available on the Company's Web Site at www.scana.com.